Preparing Egg Roast / Egg Onion Roast
Egg Roast is a yummy egg based dish that goes wonderfully well with rotis of all kinds and appam varieties.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Total Time : 25 minutes
Yields : 3 or 4 servings
What you require:
- Egg : 2
- Onion: 1 nos
- Garlic pods: 5 nos(chopped)
- Ginger : 1/4 inch long(crushed)
- Curry Leaves – 1 strip
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Chicken Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato(medium) – 1 nos
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – As reqd
- Water : 1 cup
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil eggs, remove shell and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds, add onions, ginger and garlic.
- Fry onions till it turns yellowish brown.
- Add tomatoes and fry it properly.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander and fennel seeds powder, Chicken Masala powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Stir it well and allow it to cook for 2 minutes and add water. Cook till it become a thick gravy.
- Slit the boiled eggs or make stripes with the knife and put them in the mixture add curry leaves.
- Cover the egg with the masala, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 15 mins.
- Remove the cover of the pan.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Ideal dishes serve with/ ideally served as part of:
Egg Roast is best served as part of Appam, Chappathi etc.